Primary Medical Care Commissioning Committee
Our Primary Medical Care Commissioning Committee was established in April 2016, when we took on the role of commissioning primary medical care services (GP practices) in the city.
The committee can make decisions on the review, planning, commissioning and procurement of GP services in Southampton. We work closely with NHS England, who were previously responsible for commissioning GP services and will continue to formally hold the contracts for all primary care services.
The committee meets in public. Like our Governing Body meetings, members of the public and the press are welcome to attend these meetings but should remember that they are meetings held in public and not public meetings. The Chair will provide an opportunity for any questions prior to the start of the meeting. If you would like to ask a question, we would be grateful if you could submit questions in advance of the meeting to allow a detailed response to be provided at the meeting.
Our Primacy Medical Care Commissioning Committee consists of:
- Lay Member for Patient and Public Involvement (Chair)
- Lay Member for Governance/Conflicts of Interest Guardian
- Associate Lay Member (Deputy Chair)
- CCG Accountable Officer or nominated deputy
- CCG Chief Finance Officer or nominated deputy
- CCG Chief Nurse or nominated deputy
- CCG Director of System Delivery or nominated deputy
- Director of Public Health or nominated deputy
Other non-voting members are:
- Clinical Lead for Primary Care
- Head of Primary Care Development
- Practice Manager representative
- A representative from HealthWatch
- A representative of the Southampton Health and Wellbeing Board
- A representative of NHS England
From 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 we jointly commissioned primary medical care services with NHS England. Past meeting papers from our Primary Medical Care Joint Commissioning Committee remain available on our website.
Upcoming meeting dates
- Tuesday 15 August 2017, 9.30am - 11.30am
- Thursday 19 October 2017, 9.30am - 11.30am
- Tuesday 12 December 2017, 9.30am - 11.30am
- Tuesday 20 February 2018, 9.30am - 11.30am
All meetings are held in the Conference Room, NHS Southampton HQ, Oakley Road, Millbrook, Southampton, SO16 4GX.