Southampton GP practices
Your local GP practice provides a wide range of family health services, including:
- advice on health problems
- prescriptions for medicines
- examinations and treatment
- referrals to other health services and social services
All of the GP practices in the city are members of NHS Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). This means they have signed up to our constitution which sets out how the CCG will be run and how decisions will be delegated.
Each practice sends a representative to our General Assembly meetings where clinical input is sought on key decisions about local health services.
Need to register with a GP practice?
A list of all the GP practices in Southampton is available below, or you can search for your nearest GP practice by entering your address on the NHS Choices website.
Find out more about how to register with a GP practice.
- Bath Lodge Practice
- Bitterne Surgery
- Chessel Practice - branch surgery Chessel Avenue
- Living Well Partnership - main site Weston Lane, branch sites Harefield surgery, Bitterne Park Surgery, Ladies walk and Midanbury Surgeries
- St Peter’s Surgery
- The Old Fire Station Surgery
- Townhill Surgery
- Woolston Lodge Surgery
- Solent GP Surgery - Adelaide Surgery
- Aldemoor Surgery
- Atherley House Surgery
- Brook House Surgery
- Cheviot Road Surgery - branch surgery Shirley Avenue Surgery
- Shirley Health Partnership - Grove Medical Practice and Regents Park Surgery
- Hill Lane Surgery
- Lordshill Health Centre
- Raymond Road Surgery
- Victor Street Surgery
- Alma Road Surgery
- Burgess Road Surgery
- Highfield Health
- Homeless Healthcare Team
- Mulberry House Surgery - branch surgery St Deny’s Surgery
- Solent GP Surgery - Portswood Solent Surgery and Nicholstown Surgery
- St Mary’s Surgery - branch surgery Telephone House
- Stoneham Lane Surgery
- University Health Service
- Walnut Tree Surgery