We are fully committed to involving and engaging you in every aspect of what we do and we want you to play your part in decisions about local healthcare.
Our focus is very much on finding the right solutions for Southampton and our Governing Body is led by six local GPs who really know the city well.
One of the key ways you can help is to tell us about your experiences of using local health services – what went well, what didn't go so well or where you think improvements could be made. Often it is those people using the services who are best placed to identify where and how improvements could be made – so your feedback may make things better for you, and others, in the long run.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Join one of our groups - including our communications and engagement group, patients forum and equality and diversity group.
- Join our members network - by becoming a member you will receive regular newsletters and information about consultation and engagement events. For more information about becoming a member, please see our leaflet or sign up online.
- Join your GP practice's patient group.
- Get involved with Healthwatch Southampton.
- Make a comment, give us a compliment, or tell us how we can do things better by contacting our Patient Experience Team.
- Follow us and get in touch on Twitter and Facebook.
- Attend our Board Meetings held in public - follow the link for the next meeting date.
- Join the People's Panel and help shape decision making in Southampton - this is a joint project with Southampton City Council and we have also been working with the University of Southampton.